How much Gold for diversification do you need?

Portfolio Diversification with Gold

Physical Gold, in general,  provides valuable diversification benefits and improves portfolio efficiency, even during periods of extended equity bull markets (1972-2016).

Even though gold may not provide the same efficiency benefits over stock-and-bond portfolios in the current 2009-2016 bull run, they remain an effective performance stabilizer through turbulent periods.

Gold should not be expected to outperform equity markets during protracted equity market rallies. Despite the focus on performance alone by many in the industry, Gold aims at volatility reduction, improving diversification within a portfolio and typically deliver superior long-term risk-adjusted return.

Using an asset allocation framework, the empirical evidence demonstrates that investment in Gold would have improved the portfolio efficiency of cash, bonds and equity portfolios, for any risk tolerance level, for the period 1972 - 2016.

“When analyzing efficient allocations, we found that the optimal Gold allocation for a balanced USD portfolio lies between 5 - 20%.

Physical Gold should be looked at as sort of an insurance, you hope you never need.

Write a comment

Comments: 8
  • #1

Jesus Trask (Wednesday, 01 February 2017 20:08)

you're actually a excellent webmaster. The website loading velocity is incredible. It kind of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick. Also, The contents are masterwork. you have done a magnificent job on this subject!

• #2

Timmy Ek (Friday, 03 February 2017 00:37)

Very descriptive article, I enjoyed that a lot. Will there be a part 2?

• #3

Elizabet Luoma (Saturday, 04 February 2017 08:53)

This design is spectacular! You obviously know how to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Great job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

• #4

Pamula Casado (Tuesday, 07 February 2017 04:19)

I really like what you guys are usually up too. This sort of clever work and exposure! Keep up the great works guys I've incorporated you guys to blogroll.

• #5

Elizabet Luoma (Tuesday, 07 February 2017 08:12)

Thank you, I have just been searching for information approximately this subject for a long time and yours is the greatest I've found out till now. But, what about the bottom line? Are you sure about the source?

• #6

Cheryl Hatchell (Tuesday, 07 February 2017 09:35)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your next write ups thanks once again.

• #7

South African Gold Stocks (Friday, 05 May 2017 20:02)

Good post .thank you for your Post.If you know more South African Gold Stocks? click this

• #8

essayontime (Tuesday, 24 October 2017 14:01)

We all should have best stories on gold for diversification and we need this article invest more services. Then people will manage everything without following your content writing books.